Tools for a Sustainable Transit Agency
policy - sustainable, technology - management information systems
Administration and Management, Environment, Public Transportation
TRB's Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) Research Report 197: Tools for a Sustainable Transit Agency explores the development of practical tools for improving sustainability at transit agencies:
- The Sustainability Routemap: An interactive PDF, similar to a website, that guides the user to improve a transit agency’s sustainability program through application of change management principles, best practice examples, and references to online tools.
- The Sustainability Checklist
- The S+ROI Calculator: An Excel workbook that quantitatively evaluates potential sustainability projects in terms of financial, social, and environmental returns.
- The S+ROI Calculator BRT Example
- The S+ROI Calculator Solar Panel Example
Permission to publish the abstract has been given by Transportation Research Board, Washington, copyright remains with them.
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. (2018). Tools for a Sustainable Transit Agency, TCRP Research Report 197, pp. 97. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/25042.